Out of Zone Enrolments
All students who live within the home zone described below and shown on the attached map are entitled to enrole at the Kirwee Model School. To avoid doubt, ‘both sides’ of the boundary roads are deemed to be within the home zone.
Zone Boundary Description
The North boundary is the Waimakariri River. From the river the home zone boundary runs:
- South along the Thompsons Road to the Old West Coast Road,
- South along Calders Road to Sandy Knolls Road,
- South along Sandy Knolls Road to Painters Road,
- West along Painters Road to Hayes Road,
- South along Hayes Road to Hoskyns Road,
- East along Hoskyns Road to Sandy Knolls Road,
- South along Sandy Knolls Road to Wards Road,
- West along Wards Road to Kivers Road,
- South along Kivers Road to Grange Road,
- West along Grange Road to Highfield Road,
- South along Highfield Road to Telegraph Road,
- West along Telegraph Road to Essendons Road,
- East along Essendons Road to Ansons Road,
- North along Ansons Road to Miles Road,
- West along Miles Road to Creyke Road,
- North along Creyke Road to Tramway Road,
- West along Tramway Road to Addingtons Road,
- North along Addington Road to the Waimakariri river.
Each term applications for enrolments from in-zone students are sought. This enables the Board to assess the number of places which can be made available to students who live outside the home zone.
Applications for enrolment will be processed in the following order of priority:
First Priority: as Kirwee Model School does not run a special programme this priority is not applicable
Second Priority: will be given to applicants who are siblings of current students.
Third Priority: will be given to applicants who are siblings of former students.
Fourth Priority: will be given to applicants whose parent/s attended the school.
Fifth Priority: will be given to applicants who are children of board employees and board members.
Sixth Priority: will be given to all other applicants
If there are more applicants in any of the priority groups than there are places available, selection within the priority group will be by a ballot conducted in accordance with instructions issued by the Secretary under Section 11G(1) of the Education Act 1989. Parents will be informed of the date of any ballot by notice in a daily or community newspaper circulating in the area served by the school.
If there are places remaining after all children from priority groups have been accepted for enrolment, all further enrolments will be processed in order of the date pre-enrolled was received.