Education Outside the Classroom
EOTC programmes provide students with access to hands-on experiences that are not available inside the classroom. They offer unique and stimulating learning opportunities that support your child’s learning and achievement.
These programmes are aligned with the National Curriculum.
These pages suggest ways you can assist your child’s school to maximise learning and safety during EOTC experiences.
Specific Education Outside the Classroom (EOTC) programmes are provided from years 1-6.
Variety of Experiences
Many enriching opportunities are available to children through trips and visitors to our school. Advice of an intended trip away will be given in advance. One trip per term is the norm. All children are encouraged to participate. Cost is kept to a minimum, and is usually covered by the activity fee.
Depending on the learning focus a range of experts are invited to school each year. The school has hosted many touring musical and performing artists and KMS aims to have at least one outside concert each year.
Kirwee School runs a range of sporting events. We have an expectation that all students will participate in these in some way.
School Sports Events
- Organise students into their appropriate groups on the day.
- Support students and parents.
- Provide information about the event prior to the day.
Winter Tournament (years 3 – 6)*
- Participate during each school sports event.
- Play fair and encourage friends and peers across the event.
- Welcome to spectate at the sports.
- Encouraged to offer help to the teachers.
- May take their child home at the end of the event after signing them out.
- Be respectful and supportive of teachers, coaches and volunteers.
*Depending on the event and the age limits, students who perform well at the school event may have the opportunity to compete at the Malvern Area sports. Students who perform well at these events can move on to compete at the Canterbury Primary Schools event.